At Cascades East Transit, everything we do is dependent on the performance of our front line–our Drivers.
CET is actively seeking motivated, customer-oriented individuals to strengthen our workforce and enhance our mission to provide reliable and outstanding transportation service to the public. CET will train and assist successful candidates in securing the required license/certification. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn transit from the ground up, make a difference in our community and start a career in the transportation industry with advancement opportunities.
Successful Driver recruitment is imperative to the overall success of our Transportation Department. We expect all candidates to meet our hiring criteria, which includes pre-employment drug testing, criminal and driving background checks, and a comprehensive interview process.
• Driver positions require a valid driver’s license;
• A current valid Oregon CDL Class B with passenger endorsement and air brake restriction lifted, or the ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License Permit prior to training. CET will train and assist successful candidates in securing the required license/certification
• A current Medical Examiners Certificate
• Prior experience in driving a passenger bus is preferred
• Candidates must successfully pass a DOT/FTA pre-employment drug test and have a clean criminal background and driving record and not have any felony convictions
• Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions
How to Apply: Please visit the COIC website http://coic2.org/coic-employment/ and click on the “SEE ALL JOB OPENINGS” for the job description, and link to the Employment Application.
If you do not have access to a computer, please contact Kelly Perkins, COIC – HR Coordinator, (541)548-9544, or visit any COIC WorkSource offices.