Cascades East Transit is hiring a Senior Transit Planner. This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled, with an initial application review date of March 9, 2018 at 12:00 p.m.
Click on the following link to apply:
The Senior Transit Planner is responsible for managing the planning program for the Cascades East Transit (CET) system, including operational planning and long term planning, for the purpose of ensuring orderly, strategic and cost-effective development of the Bend urban and regional public transit system.
Lead staff for engaging with partner city and county governments regarding planning issues and coordination; Serve as CET representative on committees and work groups as assigned. Manages CET data and reports on CET performance, costs and other quality assurance and efficiency metrics. As a member of the CET leadership team, works closely with CET outreach and engagement team, community development staff, CET operations staff, and the Executive Director. Works under the direct supervision of the Transportation Manager.
Primary responsibilities listed below are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of work experience in related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience in related field may be substituted.
Compensation and Benefits: The starting annual salary range for this position is $55,560 – $58,944 (DOE).
- Low deductible Health Insurance includes dental and vision coverage for employee and dependents. Full time employees pay 10% of the total monthly premium.
- Life, Personal Accident and Long Term Disability Insurance – 100% employer paid
- Deschutes On-Site Medical Clinic and Pharmacy (free and discounted services to employees and dependents).
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- PERS retirement – In addition to the COIC “employer” contribution, COIC also makes the “employee” member contribution of 6% of salary. .
- 457 deferred compensation plans available
- Aflac supplemental insurance – various plans are available
- Vacation leave – 8 hours per month to start, with increasing accruals over time
- Sick leave – 8 hours per month
- 9 paid holidays
- CET transit pass