Cascades East Transit is hiring a Lead Vehicle Washer. This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for the day to day supervision of the Vehicle Washer/Facility Maintenance Crew to include work assignments, basic safety training, and work schedules to assure that the vehicles, transit buildings, bus stops and shelters are maintained efficiently and effectively. Will assist the Maintenance Supervisor in conducting staff performance reviews and disciplinary actions as needed. The Lead Vehicle Washer will exercise discretion and good judgment in a variety of situations and exercise independent judgment. Responsible for the basic repair, upkeep and cleaning of transit vehicles, bus shelters, bus stops and Transit buildings and grounds.
Educational/Experience Requirements: High School Graduate or equivalent plus two years work experience in a related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to perform the required job duties.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal background and driving background check in accordance with COIC’s general guidelines.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have a valid Oregon Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement & Air Brake restriction lifted & a valid Medical Examiners card
- Access to a private vehicle or equivalent means of transportation
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively supervise the vehicle washer/facility maintenance team
- Basic knowledge of automotive mechanics
- Basic knowledge of the practices, methods, materials and tools used in modern vehicle/facility maintenance
- Knowledge of fueling requirements for transit buses
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and follow procedures to keep updated
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and safe work practices
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, vendors and the public
- Ability to report to work on time and maintain a strong attendance record
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
Wages: The starting annual salary for this position is $32,640.
Benefits: We also offer an exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents, employer paid life insurance and long term disability, PERS (pension) flexible spending account plan, 457 savings plan, paid Holidays, and vacation and sick time accruals.