It’s no secret that there are many benefits to riding public transit. From minimizing your carbon footprint and helping the environment to assistance for those without reliable transportation to recreational adventures, the benefits of public transportation are limitless. Here are a few of our favorite benefits of riding public transit.
Benefits of Public Transportation
- Ride Assist from Cascades East Transit provides many benefits for riders. Dial-A-Ride provides service to low-income seniors and persons with disabilities. Public transit provides rides for residents who may not otherwise have them.
- By taking public transportation, carbon dioxide is saved from going into the air, which reduces emissions and makes for a cleaner world. Public transportation is environmentally friendly.
- Public transit makes for healthier humans. Public transit provides the benefit of exercise from walking to and from bus stops and their homes, offices and schools. Taking public transit could increase your physical activity, which is healthier in the long run.
- Save on fuel and maintenance costs by choosing public transportation. Driving to work or school saves miles of driving, gallons of gas, hours stuck in traffic and leaves money in your pocket because you save in fuel and maintenance costs.
- Taking public transit reduces gasoline consumption. Households with access to public transportation drive fewer miles and use less gas than those without.
- Public transit provides access to job opportunities.
There are many benefits to taking transit. Choosing to commute on a CET bus can save on gas money, provide jobs and increase your physical activity.