Cascades East Transit Bicycle and Bus Policy
Cascades East Transit’s Bike and Bus Program lets you combine bike and bus trips. Bike racks accommodating at least two bikes are mounted on the front of each bus. Many of the buses have space for three bikes. Signal the driver that you will be loading a bike and please use the inner most position.
Prioritization when Racks are Full
Bikes are allowed on the buses in the wheelchair bays if space allows. At no time will a bike have priority over a wheelchair for this space. If you are occupying a space that is needed for a wheelchair patron, you will be asked to leave the bus. Also, if all seats are taken and many riders are standees, the driver may require a passenger with a bike on board to use the bike rack if a position has been vacated, or leave the bus to make room for more standees. While Cascades East Transit encourages bike and transit use, space priority must be given to passengers.
Rules for Bike Rack Use
- Bike racks on CET buses can accommodate at least two bicycles and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Only single-seat, two-wheeled bikes and recumbents the size of a standard bike can be accommodated.
- No motorized bikes are allowed (gas or electric).
- Bikes with child seats or other accessories that block the driver’s vision out the front of the bus are prohibited.
- Remove any loose items or packs from your bike prior to the arrival of the bus.
- Bus drivers cannot assist you in loading/unloading your bicycle – it is your responsibility.
- When you enter the bus with a bike, the driver will hand you a bungee to help secure your bike in the wheelchair tie-down area. This will prevent your bike becoming a projectile in the event of an emergency stop.
Guide to Using CET Bike Racks
- Signal the driver that you will be loading a bike and please use the inner most position.
- Passengers are responsible for unfolding the bike rack, loading, securing and removing the bicycle from the bus and refolding bike rack.
Cascades East Transit is not responsible for damages incurred or caused by or to bicycles on a rack. Please use at your own risk.