When there is inclement weather in Bend, CET may move to a “snow schedule” on Bend fixed-routes for the day. Snow schedule means that buses leave Hawthorne Station on the hour and take up to an hour to return to Hawthorne Station due to road conditions and slow moving traffic. Below are some tips on how to ride CET when it’s on snow schedule.
- Determine if CET is on snow schedule by visiting cascadeseasttransit.comand clicking on service alerts. You can also call 541-385-8680 and ask a customer service rep about snow schedule. If you are at Hawthorne Station, sandwich board signs will be placed alerting riders that CET is running snow schedule.
- Know how the schedule runs. When CET is on snow schedule, Bend fixed-routes leave Hawthorne Station at their regular scheduled times from 6 AM to 8 AM and beginning at 8 AM leave Hawthorne Station at the top of each hour. If you ride CET before 8 AM, your bus should arrive at its regular scheduled time.
- Exceptions include Route 12 which will leave Timepoint F (OSU) at 25 after the hour beginning at 8 AM. Prior to 8 AM, Route 12 will run on its regular schedule.
- Snow schedule is made effective at 8 AM and will be in effect for the rest of that day unless otherwise noted. Each day, staff will determine if snow schedule will be called.
- Determine where your bus stop is on the route – is your stop closer to the beginning of the route, the midway point or the end of the route? Estimate when the bus is coming by knowing how many stops are picked up in front of you. Give yourself plenty of time to walk to the bus stop in inclement weather conditions and be careful crossing streets.
- Sign up for CET snow schedule text alerts to receive texts about snow schedule.
- Text CET to 313131
- Message and data rates may apply according to your cell phone plan. You may opt out of messages at any time.
- Per City of Bend code, it is the responsibility of homeowners and business owners to keep sidewalks adjacent to their property clear. Please be respectful and remove snow and ice from your sidewalks for pedestrians to access the walkways.
- CET staff clear sidewalks and grounds of snow/ice around Hawthorne Station first. CET staff will remove snow from major CET stops throughout the day.
Saturday snow schedule
On Saturdays (only) this schedule will be made effective if CET moves to Snow Schedule.
2 responses to “Tips for Riding CET in Snow Schedule”
It would be helpful if would post on on your website if going running snow on schedule so your costumers know they can leave early if needed to get work doctor appointments etc…. or have a hotline number people can call leave a recording saying snow schedule or regular schedule today
I like the printable Saturday snow schedule, thanks